Being Platonic !

It was first year of mine in a med school . I still remember the lecture hall – not even a single girl and a boy sitting together . The sight prompted our Anatomy lecturer to say : Hey , why such a segregation . Boys , are you people afraid of girls that they would eat you up ? * everyone laughs * even I did .. but I had a reason – I said slowly and low – I don’t know about them , but if I sit next to one of those , surely I am gonna eat her !

Person next to me didn’t expect such a reply from a man who is sporting a beard .Why but ? Am I not a human being ?
Days went by . Segregation began to disappear . Second year , I call it - couple formation year of med school . It is of one and half year here , so you have plenty of time for all your activities ! Folks would always discuss all these kind of stuff in BCR (boys common room) – you saw that boy , he is mingling so much with those localite girls followed by two or three swear words / gaalees ! Jealous . Some even didn’t leave the fresherz . Man , how do they get fresh with those fresherz yaar ! And it went all fine so much so that we had our Reading Room full of these kinda couples.
What used to annoy me more was that in spite of the fact that I make rare entries in this Reading Room , I had no place to sit . What a bad welcome ! A table is all occupied by just these two creatures . Though theres a place for another four people to sit on the same table - you can't . Nobody wants to be - kabab mein haddi !

 Seeing all this I began wondering why do such things happen . I asked them why cant they be JUST friends with fellow boy or girl ! They said they were JUST friends O_o I doubt when they say – just friends . Man , can heterosexuals of almost the same age be just friendz ? Truly hormonal imbalance ! They are being despo longing to fulfill their cheap desires .
 
You must be thinking that I am saying so because I don’t have a first hand experience , may 
be – I am assuming , may be – I am old fashioned or may be – the doctrines .

Well if that is so … in fact even I gave a thought to these questions but what I hear from these people – the boys back my thinking . All the shit they talk of their counterparts make me look down upon them . Enjoyment is what they call it . And if this is true on the other side also ... toh fir ho gaya and why cant it be . It’s a modern era , anything can happen … even they are human beings !
 
And if I speak in general terms . Ok , why cant a boy and girl be just friendz ? Of course they can be . Platonic relationship is what they call it !

But a simple search when I first heard this term made me realize that this kind of relationship involves 
– Strictly no sleepovers , no intimate activities (casual they call it .. hope you understood ), no judgments on any of his/her behaviour . No asking for favors such as furniture moving, assignment related , NO FLIRTING , Not being attracted to him/her , avoiding incidental contact like brush of a leg or a sleeve unless purely accidental , No hugging or kissing for greetings or salutations. Hugging is only allowed for personal tragedies or blessed events when - emotional significance of the situation - blocks out the knowledge that the assets are pressing against each other. Kissing means sex - to which I add - Always . Period .

Sab toh mana kar rahe ho .. bachaa hi kya !

In contrast , the scenario here in my college (or in general ) is quite different . I see a guy doing all favours for the lady , wasting his balance of mobile ( even heard people cursing and again followed by three/four gaalees for her making him do so ) , bringing the snacks from canteen for him or her , Touching ( Read : caressing) , a girl taking care of things that are Important making sure that he doesnt forget , providing a napkin to dry his hand after he has been to toilet  
( bhendi .. napkin kahan se aaya ) … blah blah … Truly didn’t know that some girls here can act as mild concubines !
And how do I know all these ? Do I spy ? Certainly not . They do it all openly . Bold . Societal acclimation could be the reason .

Slowly … though rarely these kind of association end up in ever lasting relationships / unforgiving acts .

Truly a dedicated relationship is lacking . I would applaud if there is one . I know even that shouldn’t be encouraged by me … but as I said if I keep my principles aside and then make an opinion then its Ok .
You know why ? Because at least after getting bonded , they will be happy .
 Its just like-  you are asking a woman of other religion to wear ‘ abayas ‘ . That’s the reason I am ' Ok ' with those girls who dress modestly … Why ? because at least that keeps them away from opting those colourful itsy-bitsy ! But at the same time I feel sorry for the companies manufacturing emergency pills . They would be losing a sizeable chunk of their customers !

Hope my effort to bring awareness of platonic relationship outdoes the cheap physical relationship that is seen haunting our society .

 P.S : Don’t waste a foreplay on someone who is not interested in the Main event .
* the article has been written after excluding the fact of good natured banter which boys and girls share !

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Insignia is proudly powered by Blogger.com | Copyright : Muzzammil Khan | Template by Blog Zone